Anyone can volunteer to help with these tasks!
Just jump in and edit! (please use good wiki etiquette). Communication via edits, comments, talk pages, and list/chat discussion.
Please ask for elevated permissions if you receive a permission error; permission settings are tuned to prevent spam and vandalism.
- renaming pages to long form, e.g. CIMDynamics → Concretely-Implemented Mind Dynamics
- pretty wikilinking, e.g. CIMDynamics → CIMDynamics (mouseover for full page name)
OpenCog Developer's Guide
A new technical guide for application and Core developers of OpenCog, to compliment existing code documentation, READMEs, etc. Currently, these pages are collected in the Category:OpenCog Developer's Guide.
Unmigrated NCE documentation resides on the VettaLabs TWiki; migrated TWiki pages should be marked, on the top of each page, as 'migrated to http://opencog.org/wiki/...'
Frequently Asked Questions
OpenCog Prime Wikibook
See also OpenCogPrime:EditsNeeded (known flaws and errata)
Careful expansion and exposition of existing content within most pages of the wikibook would be a welcomed improvement. The logs of the OpenCogPrime:TutorialSessions contain a great deal of information and knowledge that can be used to enhance the pages of the wikibook.
OpenCog Prime Quickstart Guide
A new short wikibook (3-10 wiki pages, 20-100 printed pages) for researchers new to the field of AGI to compliment OpenCogPrime:Wikibook.
A page QuickStartTutorial has been started to this effect, although it's focus is on parts of OpenCog that are already implemented and so, like OpenCog itself, should be considered a work in progress.
- terms (technical and conceptual) from the OpenCogPrime:Wikibook and other places require supporting pages in the MindOntology. See also ReadBeforeEditing
- vocabularies from other AI and AGI projects require integration into the MindOntology (e.g. from SOAR, Marvin Minsky's work, etc.), making the MindOntology a type of Rosetta stone for communication between AI researchers.
MediaWiki / PHP
A MediaWiki extension to add a wikibook navigation & breadcrumb sidebar widget (navigation info scraped from http://opencog.org/wiki/OpenCogPrime:WikiBook)
In-code TODOs are compiled in the autogenerated http://buildbot.opencog.org/doxygen/dd/da0/todo.html
- improve opencog/mainpage.dox, displayed at http://buildbot.opencog.org/doxygen/index.html
- improve the "Author" section to summarize some of the history lost when CVS history was discarded
- discuss doxygen file documentation for key .h files
- discuss cleanup of warts exposed by doxygen
- document key entities (good intro at https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/Atlas/DoxygenDocumentation) with the goal that doxygen documentation should replace wiki-based API documentation.
Blueprints & Specifications
Owner/advocates who will drive list and chat discussion are needed. The process:
- Pick an idea from Ideas, Projects or Development. If your idea is new, start by adding it to the Ideas page.
- Discuss on list and IRC
- Write a formal specification at https://github.com/opencog/opencog/issues
- Write specific requests for feature enhancements (RFEs) at
- Advocate and coordinate for your blueprints and bugs on list and IRC
Testing & Bugs
OpenCog needs testers who are interesting in finding, reporting, verifying, triaging and investigating bugs at https://github.com/opencog/opencog/issues