Recursive Feature Selection for Enhancing Genetic Disease Prediction
At a Glance
- Code: http://code.google.com/p/openbiomind/
- License: GPLv2
- Language: Java
- Description: Implement recursive feature elimination(RFE) for OpenBioMind so that users of the gene microarray analysis software could obtain the top genes that contribute to a disease.
Major Project Milestone
- Implement Recursive Feature elimination
- Incorporate CFS FeatureRanking
- Incorporate SVM FeatureRanking
Week of: 2008-06-01
- Familiarized with the class hierarchy of OpenBioMind.
- Ran test-cases included in OpenBioMind's demonstration datasets.
- Sketched the rough RFE architecture before coding.
Week of: 2008-06-08
- Implemented GPRanking class, that ranks features based a pre-determined GP trials.
- Implemented RecursiveFeatureElim class, that serves as the runner for the Recursive Feature Elimination.
- Figure out how to maximize the performance of RFE, as RFE in current test-cases are quite stochastic. Should RecursiveFeatureElim backtrack or continue more trials of reducing feature-set even if the performance has declined?
- How do we optimize the number of tasks ran?
- Comment all code written so far and make sure that newly implemented classes conform to existing architecture and style.