Posters on OpenCog-related mailing lists are required follow common newsgroup and email etiquette (feel free to suggest a good URL). Basically:
- Be polite
- Respect the opinions of others, even if they disagree with your own. To achieve a goal as great as "creating AGI at the human level" will require both ambition and humility ... and cooperation.
- Be open and honest with your opinions, we're in this together
- If the topic of the conversation changes, and it often does, please change the subject using the following protocol: "Old Subject" becomes "New Subject was: Old Subject"
- Let's try to focus on ideas, not on comments about other people on the list or involved in the project (or not involved in the project)
- When you respond to a message please cut your response down to the minimum required. We don't need to keep sending out the original message all of the time, just the pertinent text.
The above etiquette guide is lightly adapted from the one used for the Agile Modeling list, see http://www.agilemodeling.com/feedback.htm
Individuals who fail to obey these rules will be warned. Individuals who repeatedly fail to obey these rules, after warning, may be placed on "moderation status" (so that their messages need to be approved by a moderator before appearing on the relevant list) or in extreme cases removed from the relevant list entirely.