AGI Discussion Forum
The AGI Discussion Forum is a biweekly, informal, highly technical online meeting involving the core of the OpenCog Hyperon team together with any other interested individuals from the community.
The 90-minute meetings are held roughly biweekly early AM US Pacific time -- details on timings of forthcoming sessions will be given below.
The schedule may vary from time to time, weeks may be skipped or extra sessions may be added etc. based on the availability of particular discussion leaders or members.
The appropriate entry in the #Sessions section of this page will be updated with the correct online meeting-room location for each meeting (it might potentially change from time to time based on who is hosting).
The discussion topics and leaders for each session are curated by Ben Goertzel, Alexey Potapov, Cassio Pennachin, Matthew Ikle' and Nil Geisweiller; the discussions are focused on topics related to Hyperon -- but including potentially topics loosely rather than always very narrowly Hyperon-oriented.
The sessions are interactive discussions rather than talks; but each session has a specific pre-announced topic and a discussion leader. Sometimes a session will be initiated by an informal talk of length 10-45 minutes; and sometimes the discussion leader will post a talk as a video prior to a discussion session.
- April 30, 2021: Patterns of Cognition, https://arxiv.org/abs/2102.10581 (leader: Ben Goertzel), Video recording of session: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/rec/share/D4oCDSRfFnr0DtpgIm5ppsCg35AcCBwRxC40-uhi9_Tc354GxQavSx-W0dkbhRFl.T3cJNUqLXtO20qaN?startTime=1619793276000
- May 14, 2021: Minecraft for AGI? ... Brainstorming Session on Minecraft as an Experimentation/Demonstration Platform for Early-Stage AGI systems. (leaders: Ben Goertzel, Alexey Potapov) Location: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/my/benbot , Some relevant thoughts are here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OaocoMBWh72roMkxbBaUYxmUGGM02-taYHNZvARI86I/edit# from a Hyperon context. Video recording of session: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y0Ihuguau0RiRQAFXwcojersgzQlvslL/view?usp=sharing
- June 4, 2021: Automated Program Learning for AGI (leaders: Ben Goertzel, Alexey Potapov). General background stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeJtWvjkerg, http://agi-conf.org/2009/slides/friday/3_looks.pdf, https://github.com/IBM/Project_CodeNet
- -> here is a 2 part link to Moshe giving the talk shown in the linked slide deck, for greater context - part 1 of 2: https://vimeo.com/6355287 part 2 of 2: https://vimeo.com/6364497
- Video recording, with some fairly lively discussion: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/rec/share/u3KKan-kztAvep2PZFOUK-dwvRi4yLQxsm78wHeRq3KTxBL-Pb3m9yr5_MeHTftz.Cqjpj-mhtPZvsk9v
- June 18, 2021: Engineering and Emergence in AGI Systems -- What aspects of an AGI should be built in versus what aspects should be coaxed to emerge? To what extent should this emergence be directly reward-driven versus being semi-supervised self-organization? (leader: Ben Goertzel). Video recording of session: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/rec/share/dciLz6p2vD0JJKmU7sFn5Zr7XC-Lv56tcKWw29iwFxZpCLX7myVbXVMRVnPjjIQ-.PYmk5mJPzVYVTF2B?startTime=1624026260000
- July 2, 2021, 7:30AM-9AM US Pacific time: Jonathan Warrell on Modal and Statistical Semantics for AI and AGI . Video recording of session: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/rec/share/hVLDf0N7RxQLHZxKUR2Mw3QSnbNeUbfHvt2XvNlVQmsF5MdGfYm0ivRdiqUypvfU.ktTss9y0EN2_wYQr?startTime=1625236577000
- A couple skipped sessions for summer break
- August 13, 2021, 7:30AM-9AM US Pacific time: Paraconsistent Models of Open-Ended AGI Motivations. (leader: Ben Goertzel). Video recording of session: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/rec/share/bwr69TovQu6xdGyb56Ydd7Y5fSySHOmROBS7lEAxXEEI49wp-0Nw
- Sep 10, 2021, 7AM-8:30AM US Pacific time: Characterizing Human-Like Consciousness. Video recording of session: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/rec/share/4BUTeZt_sWPIL15udCWi2VIhqWwaZygRqiflcnWvr1HPDrmVmAEyBGe4ti0SU8Ag.OuPCJBxGApQyuVrt?startTime=1631283053000 ... Background reading: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/275541457_haracterizing_Human-like_Consciousness_An_Integrative_Approach
- Oct 1. 2021, 7AM-8:30AM US Pacific time: Recursion Schemes on Graphs (led by Adam Vandervorst). Video recording of session: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/rec/share/n_AvzObsntjPmq0NNZJ9nas5RzxdFBSSMPDohZIhwuSshec9wUlIeB53WVAKoNhV.poHeWdCwN6x_lVt1?startTime=1633097705000
- Oct 29, 2021, 7AM-8:30AM US Pacific time: Hyperon as an AGI Approach (What needs special focus? What's missing?) Video transcript: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/rec/share/hTEWYUxOLaykzSrOIoB4Zrab6i0elbKAoahKIJGSFaKiuTUa-JTmB6OcL3OTldHg.xcXbWlYDZ5W2Xiyw?startTime=1635516460000 . Background viewing: Alexey's Matt's and Ben talks in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yky-9rZVZEQ, Jonathan Warrell's talk in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnsqHSCBgX0 (Around 5 hours in)
- Nov 19, 2021, 7AM-8:30AM Pacific time: Doug Miles on LogicMoo and Artificial Human Intelligence, Video record: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/rec/share/qNIWqUfZIcj2oJgVdRxMR425lLfFU8MgQAY8van6XQKjeupPOEvgpzvU9tiwIH0S.XMYMYD9N2QRDfT19 . Background: https://logicmoo.org/public/
- Dec 10, 2021, 7AM-8:30AM Pacific time: Doug Miles on LogicMoo and Artificial Human Intelligence, Part Two. Video record: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/rec/share/nXI-2kROzyc1zYmPL9IZx1tKQyOH5S5DAzK4kwKStRj0bDxx5Q5kyN6DC0mwnMwq.88ThRGGlsFYRO9cC . Background: https://logicmoo.org/public/
- Jan 28, 2022, 7AM-8:30AM Pacific time: Ben Goertzel on "What Makes a Theorem Interesting?", Video record: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/rec/share/lCSJr7IRyKecBBvCxRqpm5aovGca2PDv9vIYgn4R57o2zNlpTgsfiE4Q180aDiUU.oVsD5jUgkaxv0Eyh .
- Feb 18, 2022, 7AM-8:30AM Pacific time: Alexey Potapov on Neural-symbolic proto-AGI in Minecraft , Video record: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/rec/share/m4V_gIGQWCsWS7q76qkcZ3KRbx-QhKdtPUa3wb0rvGJtjx9LTGi464d9f7jfyfzU.f515S-CkDU2g9uwe . Background: https://blog.singularitynet.io/towards-general-purpose-minecraft-ai-agents-41fe415d6dd
- March 18, 2022, 7AM-8:30AM Pacific time: Ben Goertzel leading discussion on semantic primitives , Video record: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/rec/share/qwLpQuc_4UjESPQyHbNTg5TBo9_U7TSyZJ8vjzudHyNuF9O59pJzZhOYoH5ekhQV.2QxARBxV5DZxtqHQ?startTime=1647613120000 . Background: https://bengoertzel.substack.com/p/can-all-human-concepts-be-reduced?s=w
- April 8, 2022, 7AM-8:30AM Pacific time: Jonathan Warrell on "A meta-probabilistic-programming language for bisimulation of probabilistic and non-well-founded type systems" (aka an elegant general math formulation underlying MeTTa language) ... Video record: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/rec/share/fiJK1f77gwczYq6He1-NPVtI1DHBX-ukHJRfoyeLZm7z0jTPscC_j4r-4QYxm1m1.Wnb_Oi9qVg-mns0d?startTime=1649426907000
- April 22, 2022, 7AM-8:30AM Pacific time: Alexey Potapov on "OpenCog Hyperon's MeTTa Language as a Tool for Creating DSLs" ... Video record: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/rec/share/VqHmU37XtbS7VnKY474tkTvvTglsgOIfsI-21MXWxVm_in7U3tGPcfjjiE0P_15R.yUwPdCzEONSUx1EL?startTime=1650636238000
- May 27, 2022, 7AM-8:30AM Pacific time: Anton Kolonin on "Experiential Learning from Sequential Data" ... Video record at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV_QQ7fqalw
- June 17, 2022, 7AM-8:30AM Pacific time: Rob Freeman on chaotic cognitive linguistics ... Videoconference at: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/my/benbot ... Background: See the video of Rob's talk from AGI-21
- July 15, 2022, 7AM-8:30AM Pacific time: Matt Iklé & Ben Goertzel "Measuring Consciousness in AGI Systems" ... Videoconference at: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/my/benbot ... Background:
- (Paper) Using Tononi Phi to Measure Consciousness: https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Using-Tononi-Phi-to-Measure-Consciousness-of-a-and-Iklé-Goertzel/f3ba721c4167626049a8904a6af90f1ef028fdf6
- (Paper) Characterizing Human-Like Consciousness - An Integrated Approach: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/275541457_haracterizing_Human-like_Consciousness_An_Integrative_Approach
- (Article) Tononi Phi Sentience Consciousness and Smart AI Futures: https://www.hansonrobotics.com/tononi-phi-sentience-consciousness-and-smart-ai-futures/