AGI Discussion Forum
The AGI Discussion Forum is a biweekly, informal, highly technical online meeting involving the core of the OpenCog Hyperon team together with any other interested individuals from the community.
The 90-minute meetings are held roughly biweekly from 7:30AM-9AM US Pacific time (starting April 30, 2021).
The schedule may vary from time to time, weeks may be skipped or extra sessions may be added etc. based on the availability of particular discussion leaders or members.
The appropriate entry in the #Sessions section of this page will be updated with the correct online meeting-room location for each meeting (it might potentially change from time to time based on who is hosting).
The discussion topics and leaders for each session are curated by Ben Goertzel, Alexey Potapov, Cassio Pennachin, Matthew Ikle' and Nil Geisweiller; the discussions are focused on topics related to Hyperon -- but including potentially topics loosely rather than always very narrowly Hyperon-oriented.
The sessions are interactive discussions rather than talks; but each session has a specific pre-announced topic and a discussion leader. Sometimes a session will be initiated by an informal talk of length 10-45 minutes; and sometimes the discussion leader will post a talk as a video prior to a discussion session.
- April 30, 2021: Patterns of Cognition, https://arxiv.org/abs/2102.10581 (leader: Ben Goertzel), Video recording of session: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/rec/share/D4oCDSRfFnr0DtpgIm5ppsCg35AcCBwRxC40-uhi9_Tc354GxQavSx-W0dkbhRFl.T3cJNUqLXtO20qaN?startTime=1619793276000
- May 14, 2021: Minecraft for AGI? ... Brainstorming Session on Minecraft as an Experimentation/Demonstration Platform for Early-Stage AGI systems. (leaders: Ben Goertzel, Alexey Potapov) Location: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/my/benbot , Some relevant thoughts are here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OaocoMBWh72roMkxbBaUYxmUGGM02-taYHNZvARI86I/edit# from a Hyperon context. Video recording of session: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y0Ihuguau0RiRQAFXwcojersgzQlvslL/view?usp=sharing
- June 4, 2021: Automated Program Learning for AGI (leaders: Ben Goertzel, Alexey Potapov). General background stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeJtWvjkerg, http://agi-conf.org/2009/slides/friday/3_looks.pdf, https://github.com/IBM/Project_CodeNet
- -> here is a 2 part link to Moshe giving the talk shown in the linked slide deck, for greater context - part 1 of 2: https://vimeo.com/6355287 part 2 of 2: https://vimeo.com/6364497
- Video recording, with some fairly lively discussion: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/rec/share/u3KKan-kztAvep2PZFOUK-dwvRi4yLQxsm78wHeRq3KTxBL-Pb3m9yr5_MeHTftz.Cqjpj-mhtPZvsk9v
- June 18, 2021: Engineering and Emergence in AGI Systems -- What aspects of an AGI should be built in versus what aspects should be coaxed to emerge? To what extent should this emergence be directly reward-driven versus being semi-supervised self-organization? (leader: Ben Goertzel). Video recording of session: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/rec/share/dciLz6p2vD0JJKmU7sFn5Zr7XC-Lv56tcKWw29iwFxZpCLX7myVbXVMRVnPjjIQ-.PYmk5mJPzVYVTF2B?startTime=1624026260000
- July 2, 2021, 7:30AM-9AM US Pacific time: Jonathan Warrell on Modal and Statistical Semantics for AI and AGI . Location: https://singularitynet.zoom.us/my/benbot
- A couple skipped sessions for summer break
- August 13, 2021, 7:30AM-9AM US Pacific time: TBD